Moving and Handling Courses
TH Training Solutions | Delivering high quality training courses for businesses and individuals | Wirral based | North West | UK wide
Here at TH Training Solutions we are passionate about moving and handling of people and/or objects.
Moving and handling is a key part of the working day for most employees; from moving equipment, laundry, catering, supplies or waste to assisting people in moving.
Poor moving and handling practice can lead to:
• Back pain and musculoskeletal disorders, which can lead to inability to work
• Moving and handling accidents – which can injure both the person being moved and the employee
• Discomfort and a lack of dignity for the person being moved
What the Law says:
The following legislation may be relevant for assessing moving and handling risks:
• Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 (HSWA)
• Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (MHOR) (as amended 2002)
• Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
• Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998 (LOLER)
Take a look at our Moving and Handling Course below: